The Myrtle Trace Homeowners Association will receive the applications of interested persons to provide, as a private contractor, accounts receivable services. The Accounts Receivable contractor retained shall receive, for his or her services, compensation of $3,300.00 per year. Said amount shall be paid in equal monthly installments of $275.00 on the first day of the month.
Duties of Accounts Receivable include, but are not limited to the following:
- Check the Association mailbox (101 Myrtle Trace Drive) and drop box at the Association Clubhouse daily for mail, checks, bills and insurance policies. Also collect and deposit money from the use of the copy machine.
- Distribute all mail and information received daily to the appropriate addressee or to persons designated by the Board of Directors.
- Post all checks and monies received in a receivables ledger. Make out deposit slips and deposit all monies received in designated bank account. Keep designated general ledger accounts up to date in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Contact Association members regarding non-payment or over-payment of monthly maintenance fees. Apply, record and collect penalty fees where applicable. Notify Board of Directors when a member is delinquent over ninety (90) days.
- Furnish closing attorneys with information regarding the status of a home seller’s account and amounts due from the purchaser.
- Order and receive shipments of letters and numbers for mailbox nameplates. Accept payments from residents for mail boxes, posts and nameplates and notify the Maintenance Contractor when and where to install such items.
- Notify the Board of Directors and Administrative Consultant of house closings as they occur. Notify Communication Committee volunteers of changes in mailing addresses of Association members as they occur.
- All records are to be computerized. Copies of real estate correspondence, HUD-1 real estate settlement documents and general correspondence should be maintained as hard copies and filed in the clubhouse after one year.
- Provide Administrative Consultant with monthly records.
- Accounts Receivable shall be bonded in an amount determined by the Board of Directors.
- Accounts Receivable will provide orientation, training, and relevant updating relative to the responsibilities under this contract to an individual(s) designated by the Board of Directors.
- Any other reasonable duties to be agreed upon by the Board of Directors for the Association and Accounts Receivable.
Accounts Receivables are required to represent and acknowledge that they are an independent contractor and not an employee of the Association.
Accounts Receivable shall provide, at they own expense and on their own premises, the necessary equipment, software and supplies for the performance of the agreed services.
Applicants shall submit statements of past work experience (a knowledge of Quick Books would be helpful) and a list of references to: Myrtle Trace Homeowners Association, 101 Myrtle Trace Drive, Conway, SC 29526. Attention: David Smyth, Vice President. Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 2, 2016
Myrtle Trace - About Us
In 1994 “New Choices Magazine” chose Myrtle Trace as one of America’s top 20 retirement communities. This community of 518 homes was carved out of a pine forest, and the many tall pines still standing throughout the community are just part of the beauty and serenity of Myrtle Trace. The tall pines are complemented by fifteen small lakes scattered throughout the community. Over 40% of the homes are situated on a lake and many others back up to either the Burning Ridge Golf course or wooded areas. Rabbits, squirrels, ducks, fish, turtles, and many varieties of birds are among the wildlife that residents enjoy.